Projects which are in the national interest and which are likely to bring economic and social benefit to the country and which are also likely to change the landscape of the country, primarily through-
a. The strategic importance attached to the proposed provision of goods and services, which will be of benefit to the public;
b. The substantial inflow of foreign exchange to the country;
c. The substantial employment which will be generated and the enhancement of the income earning opportunities; and
d. The envisaged transformation in terms of technology.
Exemptions from the applicability of the provisions not exceeding 25 years of one or more of the followings.
1. The Inland Revenue Act No. 10 of 2006
2. The Value Added Tax Act No. 14 of 2002
3. Port and Airport Development Levy Act No. 18 of 2011
4. The Finance Act No. 5 of 2005
5. The Excise (Special Provision) Act No. 13 of 1989
6. The Economic Service Charge Act No. 13 of 2006
8. Customs Ordinance (Chapter 235)
For more information please see the following links:
Source: Board of Investment of Sri Lanka